Monday, October 5, 2020

Wooot

 Another week that went by to fast. It became a little real that im actually going to be going home someday!! The mission is great & we are seeing so many great things!!


Tuesday: we went to Sister Hemsleys home to learn how to do artsy things because we want to be apart of the farmers market & want to make it sooo creative!! Hahaha it was really fun tho! She lives in this cute old southern home & is just the cutest southern mom!! Literally what i aspire to be hahaha so much good here in Georgia its amazing!!

Wednesday: Zone Conference!! It was so good!! President & Sister Harris talked alot about unity & focusing on Christ!! Ohhhh so good!!! At the end of the meeting he had all the missionaries going home at the end of the transfer share their testimonies. I had the chance to reflect on what my missions meant to me & I was overwhelmed with emotions. I have loved being a missionary with every piece of my soul & i couldnt even begin to put all my thoughts into words. My mission has been such a privilege.

Thursday: we had District Council & then went to get sushi wooo!! We went & made lots of artsy stuff & went to little botiques, salons, & shops to give them some of our stuff for them to be able to leave on their counter for free for people to take!! We put our contact information on the backs & wooo hopefully it gets somewhere!!

Friday: we went to Sheilas English class & it was so fun!! I have loved being here & seeing Sheilas progress & when she makes the connections of the language!! It really is so special to be apart of!! I love Sheila!!! I cant wait until I get to come back to Georiga & visit Sheila & we will finally be able to have a conversation together! Yay!!

Saturday: General Conference!!! I absolutely loved General Conference! I felt so much peace & found so many answers to my questions!! After the first session we went to meet a lady named Jeanie!! The Hermanas met her husband in walmart & he stopped them asking if they are the people who volunteer on facebook to serve!! They got his number & then we contacted them!! Anyways we went to Jeanies & she is soooo fun!! She told us she loves post malone & you betcha we bonded over the song sunflower hahahahahah i dont know much post malone songs but she sure thought i was cool when i mentioned sunflower so you bet im running with that haha we taught her the restoration & then we had some members pick her up & take her to the church & we watched the second session all together!! It was so fun & she loved it!! This was my first time meeting jeanie & i was already convinced i was meant to meet her!! Woooo!! We watched the womens session & wow!! I love love love that we are still recieving guidance from apostles & prophets & that God will never leave us alone.

Sunday: More conference!! In the afternoon Jeanie & her husband David came & watched it with us!! I can not believe how prepared they are. David has been apart of many churches & currently is a decon at his church. He came & loved how so much was mentioned suffering & how it truly is ok to suffer because thats how we turn to Christ & grow stronger. They both are looking for something & THIS IS IT!!! I love the gospel of Jesus Christ & im so so happy I have this experience of seeing others come unto Him.

In the saturday morning session on of the talks was about seeing deeply. I loved this because its been something ive strived for & now want to work on even more!! We need to see people for their soul & love them as a child of God instead of their appearance or even our first impression with them!!

I love representing my Savior & being able to come closer to Him!! I invite all yall to listen to conference if you havent already! Have the best week!!

Xoxo, Sister Barton

No comments:

Post a Comment