Monday, October 12, 2020

Great week!

 Another week that was way to good!!


Tuesday: we went to a self referrals home to do a bible study & she came out telling us she didn't know we were Mormons & that she actually doesn't want to study with us because she doesn't believe the same things. We asked if we could talk with her & explain the things she has questions on. She was a little hesitant at first but then decided we could talk. We sat down & after about 2 minutes she opened up to us about her challenges & basically her whole life. It was incredible. We even brought her one of the cute quotes we made & she just "happened" to have a tattoo of it. Definitely a divine signature from God :)

We had a birthday party for Sheila!! It was soooo fun to be able to celebrate with her!! She has no family here so it's been so cool to watch her gain relationships with the members & for us to be able to love her & spend even more time with her.

Last but not least we met with Jeanie & David. I mentioned that they came to General Conference in my last email but we actually got to teach them this week! We taught them about the restoration & why the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints is the only true church on the earth. They were very receptive & after the lesson David said "I just want to go home & study this book." It made me smile because the restoration is so important & they both are seeing a glimpse of how amazing it really is.

Wednesday: we had a Training Leader Conference & it went so good. I learned a lot about not only being a missionary & a leader but about being a friend to everyone. It was a really great conference.

We went on exchanges & I went to Collins Hill with a Sister named Sister Jensen!! We had SO much fun!! We water colored & made our farmers marker quotes & then had a lesson with one of their friends!! It was a really good exchange & i even got to sleep over woooo!!

Thursday: we started another exchange & I stayed in Winder with Sister Andersen. We finished some of the farmers market stuff & made brownies for some of our members neighbors who they referred to us. We stopped by their home & it went soooo good!! They let us right in & we were immediate friends with them!! So good!!

Friday: we exchanged back & did service for a member. We went & cleaned her home & it felt so good to serve again!! We had interviews with President Harris & they went extremely well. President Harris told me to make sure I enjoy my last two weeks & to keep doing & being me. Yay!! Such a good feeling when your mission President give you so much comfort & encouragement.

Saturday: we went & did more service & painted some doors!! We had a lesson with our new friends Brandon & Jake!! They are juniors in high school & we even had their friends who are members come!! It was so cool to see all these teenagers have such a desire to learn & grow closer to Christ. We had dinner with the same members that came to the lesson & they brought another nonmember to dinner!!! Its so cool! As we make strong relationships with the members everything falls into place. Ive learned so much on my mission about the importance of relationships. As we grow closer together we grow closer to Christ. Its amazing!!

Sunday: we went on a Church swap with our friends Jeanie & David!! They were SO excited to bring us to their church it was so cute!! They both brought their Book of Mormons into their church & we were loving it hahaha in Sunday school we even made a comment & shared a scripture from the book of mormon & everyone seemed to agree. Ohhh it was so amazing hahaha at the end we even gave the pastor a Book of Mormon!! Jeanie & David came to our church after & they loved it. They already have so many friends & I'm soooo excited for them!! In the evening we all met back up at the church & taught them both the Gospel of Jesus Christ & invited them to be baptized. Jeanie was soooo excited & is now planning on being baptized on October 24th!! YAYAY!!! David said he wants a little more time to study things out but there is no doubt in my mind that he will follow her example. They are so prepared & want nothing more that to come unto Christ.

I am so grateful for all the opportunities I've had to be able to recognize the Lords hand in my life. I have seen so many divine signatures this week where I know God is aware of me. I am so grateful to be a missionary & I know that true happiness only comes from the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I love yall!!

xoxo, Sister Barton 

No comments:

Post a Comment