Monday, October 19, 2020

I love my life

 To think this is my second to last email puts things in a little bit more perspective. I LOVE MY MISSION & BEING A MISSIONARY.


Tuesday: we met with Jeanee who is amazing!!! We talked a lot about the atonement & how Christ knows exactly how we feel & because of Him we can be forgiven for our sins no matter what mistakes we have made. It was a really special lesson. Its amazing to be able to love people so fast as missionaries!!

We also met with our new friend Dino!! We met him in the Aldis grocery store & got his number!! We taught him the restoration & it went so well!! I am so happy to have the opportunity to teach all these amazing people!!

Wednesday: it was Sister Higginsons Birthday!!! Dont worry I woke up at 4am to decorate 😜 hahahah it was such a good day!! We started the day by doing service for a member by organizing her attic & it was sooo fun! We had a picnic for lunch to celebrate & had a few lessons!! We had one lesson with our new friend Jay that we met at the mailbox!! Hes from Ghana & is amazing!! Our lesson with him went really good & he said it made sense! Wooo we also taught some of the young women in our ward friends on Wednesday night!! It was cool to see teenagers so religous & being so open to talking & believing about Christ. I feel like thats so hard to find now & thats one of the things I love most about Georgia!! We had dinner with a member family & they threw a big celebration for Sister Higginson!! It was really fun & so special!! Members are amazing!!

Thursday: we taught Jeanee again!! She is my women!!! Wow i love her so much!! We talked more about baptism & she said something i loved! She said "Sister Barton, i know you want to be here for my baptism but I know you dont want me to be baptized for you." I couldnt of put it in better words myself. It would mean the world to me to see my new good friend Jeanee enter the waters of baptism but what matters most is that she knows the gospel is true & wants to come closer & follow Christ. I have no doubt Jeanee will be baptized but I am so happy that she will be baptized for all the right reasons :)

Friday: we had exchanges! I went to a different area with a sister named Sister Rowe!! It was really fun!! I love going to different areas & seeing how other missionaries do missionary work!! We did a lot of service!! We did some yard work & painted a church!! Ive learned how much i really do like service on my mission!! Its amazing being able to help people!! Painting the church was really cool because there were a lot of people there!! One of the Elders started talking to a girl there & we were able to explain more things about what we believe & basically taught her the whole restoration & plan of salvation in a complete normal & natural way!! It was so cool!! Missionary work can be just another part of our lives if we let it!

Saturday: we went to a Fall Festival & volunteered for the womens shelter for domestic violence. We usually do yard work for them once a week & she asked us if we could come help out with her booth at the festival!! It was soooo fun!! It was almost like Corna didnt exsist & I wasnt to made about it hahahha. We brought some of our calligraphy quotes & gave those out to people we talked to too!! It was so fun & we met a lot of people & got to show people that we represent Jesus Christ.

Sunday: Jeanee & David came to church :)) they are so special!! We found out David works on saturday so Jeanees going to be baptized next Sunday instead :) Jeanee has been working sooo hard to live the Word of Wisdom & I couldnt be more grateful to be here to see her grow so much & to see the light of Christ slowly start entering her life. I love the Gospel & the joy, peace, & purpose you feel once you let it into your life & start living it.

Ohhhh what a privilege it is to be a missionary for my Savior Jesus Christ. Ive got to the point where this is my normal life & i cant really imagine living in any other way than telling everyone all day about their Savior. Its the greatest thing ive ever done! Missions are incredible & im grateful for this experience.

I love yall!!!

Xoxo, Sister Barton 

No comments:

Post a Comment