Monday, September 28, 2020

Wooo

 What a week it has been!! Yayyy so excited i get to have 4 more!! Missions are the best!!


Tuesday: we had MLC!!! It was sooo good!! I got to see so many of my friends & i think thats why i love meetings so much!! Hahaha we talked a lot about knowing why were here & our purpose as missionaries. It was very powerful. President Harris said "we are all Gods & Godesses in training." When he first said that I was like ok thats kinda much & then kept thinking about it & realized how much potential we have! We are limitless, because we are all children of God. If we then towards Jesus Christ we can be our best selves & accomplish anything. Ohhh how amazing it is that this life is all about progression & we are able to become better & better & more like Christ!

Wednesday: we had exchanges with the Senior Sister Training Leaders!! I stayed here in winder & Sister Thomas came to be my companion for the day. We had a lot of fun!! We taught Sister Mixon (my best friend) & talked about the come follow me for this week!!! We also had service!! The Blaines son Jensen is getting baptized & we went over & cleaned her home & set up beds so there was room for their family to come. I love member relationships!! Sometimes I feel like these members are my extended family!! Its amazing how loving these people in Georgia are! We also went to the young womens activity!! We bleached shirts & painted rocks!! It was a blast & i got to meet so many of the young women!!

Thursday: we had District Council!! Sister Higginson & I gave a training on Diligence! Sometimes I think we think in order to be diligent we have to be sooooo busy & cant stop moving!! Hahah but ive learned that being diligent really depends on where our hearts at. Sometimes heavenly father will ask me to do something & instead of having the mindset of "yes ill do it because i love my heavenly father" sometimes i do it because i feel obligated, but the times when i do it out of a heart full of love, THATS when I learn, grow, see miracles, & become better. Everything in life falls back to our Heavenly Father & Jesus Christ & our love for them. What are we willing to do for them? What did they do for us? I know i will never be able to repay either of them but I want to do my very best to be the best tool I can in bringing others to them & finding happiness.

Friday: we had more exchanges & i went to an area called Commerce!! We had a lot of fun & i learned a lot from Sister Tanner about meeting people where there at & on their level. It was a great exchange! In the evening we did a FHE with a family where the Dad is very less active. We ate pizza, played games, & shared a fun message!! We were really happy because the dad participated!! It was a really good day all around!!

Saturday: we went to Jensen Blaine's Baptism!! There were 3 nonmember families there!! People here in Georgia here something about Christ & they're there!! Hahahah it went really well! We gave a presentation & talked a lot about why were on earth & how we can return to heavenly father. It went really well & the spirit was so strong. Baptisms are so powerful & helps me remember whats truly important in life.

Sunday: we had Fast Sunday & guess who came to church!! Remember that family we did FHE with?? The DAD WAS THERE!!! We were so happy!!! Not only was he there but he bore his testimony! We were amazed!! The spirit works miracles if we let it into our hearts!! We had a meeting with all the missionaries & talked about unity. Unity is one of my favorites because there is so much strength when we are all one. We also talked about when we pray together for eachother & our friends we can see miracles. It was really amazing because at the end of our meeting we all knelt down (31 missionaries) & prayed together. There was sooo much power, stength, love, & motivation in the room. Ohhhh I am so blessed to know about prayer & the experiences we can have.

I am sooo blessed to be a disciple of Christ. Whearing his name on my chest everyday has been a privilege. I love my Savior, I love my Father in Heaven, & im so grateful to be led & directed constantly by the Holy Ghost. The gospel of Jesus Christ bring true & everlasting joy if we chose to live it.

I love yall!!
Xoxo, Sister Barton 

No comments:

Post a Comment