Monday, September 14, 2020

serve someone fun :))

 Another week!!


Tuesday: we did service at peace place again!! I never knew you could do so much yard work in the same place hahaha we also did another exchange!! I love learning new ideas of how to do missionary work here in quarantine. We had Zone Conference over zoom & I felt very motivated. Its crazy to think I only have 1 transfer left! Where has the time gone??!! We taught Sarah & we talked about the temple & how special it is. One of my favorite things is teaching anyone & everyone about the temple! Its sooo special that we get to go to the house of the Lord & feel his presence so strongly!

Wednesday: we went on another exchange & i got to go to their area!! Yay!! I think my favorite part about going on exchanges with other missionaries is meeting & getting to know other sisters. Its very inspiring to see why they are here & what motivates them to be a good missionary. After exchanges we went to one of our Spanish friends house & had a great conversation with them!! The mom is the only active one in the family & by the time we left the daughter said she wants to come to church on sunday too!! Its amazing to be able to witness the holy ghost softening hearts!

Thursday: our last district council! I cant believe this transfer is already over! I only have 6 more weeks to be a missionary & i cant believe it. Time is going way to fast but im ever so grateful for this opportunity to serve my Savior!

Friday: we had another exchange with missionaries & went & heart attacked Sister Mixon! Shes so cute & loves having us heart attack her! Last time she left the hearts on the door for about a month after! Haha we also did service for a family in our ward! We did some yard work & worked in the garden! So many people thinks its a burden to ask for help & to have us serve them when in reality WE LOVE IT. Lately I have really noticed & felt the importance of service! I have never wanted to serve more in my life because complete joy comes when we turn outward & serve!!

Saturday: we did lots of planning but after we got to go to a football game for a little boy the Hermanas are teaching!! It was so fun & brought back lots of memories going to all of Jensens games!! We also had dinner at Marthas!! Haha sometimes (actually a lot of the time) i feel like im actually a spanish missionary who doesnt speak spanish haha 😂 the Hispanics love making food!! As we were eating more food just kept coming!! By the time we got done eating it looked like we hadnt even eaten a thing haha!!

Sunday: we went to the spanish group & tracie the less active daughter came with her mom!!! Yay!! Also Sister Mixon came to church & I was soooo happy!! She got offended a while ago in the winder ward & has been going to a different ward since. Seeing her back made my heart soooo full! So many people expressed their love to her & made her feel so welcome!! I hope she keeps coming because everyone missed her!

Lately ive been thinking alot about my Savior Jesus Christ & how he ministered while he was on earth. Im amazed that the corona virus has taught me how to be serve more like Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ didnt go around knocking on doors begging the people to accept Him. He put himself in situations to serve & be a good example & from those situations was able to teach. I am so grateful I have learned this way of missionary work because when we realize we can teach the gospel in normal, natural, & everyday ways we realize we can always be a missionary.

I invite yall to find one service opportunity to do this week :)) pure joy will come as you serve with pure love for whoever you decide to serve!!

I LOVE YALL & HAVE THE BEST WEEK!

xoxo, Sister Barton 

No comments:

Post a Comment