Monday, April 6, 2020

mission life

This week has been FULL of emotions & ups & downs. Tbh half the time im not even sure how im feeling im just glad to still be living the misison life hahah. Whatever that may be.

Monday: ok let me tell you about a little tender mercy. I have a best friend in the mission that if you've read my emails before you most likely have heard. Anyways its Sister Graff & she called me Monday night which is like a no In the mission so i was like ummm... what are you doing?? & she said she has been feeling prompted to call me the last couple of days & finally decided to ask & see if she could get it approved & she was able to call me!!! Ahhhh omg it was the biggest tender mercy. I've been struggling with basically just life lately & being able to talk to her was THE BEST THING EVER!!
We also got transfer calls later monday night & im staying in Blairsville.

Tuesday: we got a referral!! Whatt!!?? Who gets a referral in quarantine??!! Yay it was another much needed tender mercy. His name is Michael & he actually referred himself & has met missionaries before! So cool! We did a video call with him on tuesday & it went so good! Yay im excited for him!

Wednesday: a very rough day in quarantine. It felt like there wasnt anything to do & I got very discouraged! The Murphy sisters stopped by in the evening on their way back from transfers & it was a huge tender mercy to me to be able to see people & be able to turn outward & see we are all in this together!

Thursday: another day of quarantine with not much exciting that happened. I spent a lot of the day studying about Joseph Smith & the first vision & had some really cool experiences & learned some things I hadnt thought about before! Studying brings so many unique experiences into our lives!!

Friday: Sister Flowers got married & we were able to go!! Omg it was sooo exciting!! We got told she was getting married on wednesday so ya it was kinda last minute hahaha! She married the Murphy Sisters recent convert so they were there too!! So fun!! After we spent some of the day with the Murphy Sisters so ya it was a good much needed outing haha

Saturday: General Conference pt.1!! Yayay we watched conference as a district so that was wayy fun!! I enjoyed so many of the talks but loved Douglas D. Holmes in the morning session. He mentioned the important of relationships and how we need to support eachother & spend time together to create strong relationships. Something that stuck out to me was "Help others learn who they are from you." We should help others find themselves and come closer to christ instead of being an obstacle in the way. He talked a lot about the Youth of the church as well & how they ARE prepared for this time! I kept thinking of my little sis courty & how she is truly so pure & doesnt let the world effect who she is. LOVE YOU COURTY & I strive to be more like you EVERYday!!

Sunday: General Conference pt. 2!! The Murphy sisters came to our church so we could all watch it together! Yay for other missionaries!! Just like saturday there were many great talks! One that stuck out to me was by Bonnie H. Cordon! She talked about our light & how we will truly obtain the light of christ when we are focused on bringing others to him. Sometimes I feel like my light isn't as bright as I would like it to be but this was a great reminder that as long as I am fully commited & focused on loving God & my fellow neighbors God will help me share his light! Conference is always a time of upliftment & I am so excited to find new ways to Hear Him as I continue to strive to receive daily personal revelation! Oh what a blessing it is to hear from a living Prophet & Apostles!

These are trying times right now but as we hold on tight to the word if God we will be able to find complete strength in our Savior Jesus Christ. I am blessed to be a missionary even during these trying times. Just as President Nelson said, thess times WILL pass :) Love Y'all & keep being you!!

Xoxo, Sister Barton 

No comments:

Post a Comment