Monday, March 30, 2020

Quarantine week 478516930

 Another week in the good blairsville apartment! Some updates on the mission!! 40 missionaries are going home & 15 of them went home this past week. Yes tons!! We also will be getting between 70-100 new missionaries!! There are changes EVERYDAY here in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission & its definitely keeping me on my toes!!


Tuesday: all the days seem to all blend together but we've started two facebook pages so if you havent already go join those!! Ones calles Family History for Everyone & the other is Joy in Christ!! These pages have been a fun way to get missionary work progressing & i hope it continues to go that way!

Wednesday: Its very different to re learn how to do missonary work online. We are constantly finding more ideas & ways we can get ourselves out there so people know about us & we can help bring the gospel to them to bless their lives!!

Thursday: we were still able to have district council & it was the last one of the transfer :( after district council we were able to do a live scripture study on facebook with the missionaries serving in Murphy NC so that was fun!! We also found out 3 missionaries in our district are going home :( ohhh yes I cry everytime a missionary says their leaving because my heart breaks for them! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!

Friday: we did a video call with the Taylors who are members in the branch & we talked about Enos & Prayer. I love in the book of Enos where he says my soul "hungered". Enos wanted so badly to communicate with God & be forgiven of our sins. I think back to all the times where I have felt so Hungry for the spirit & how ive literally wanted nothing more than to feel the spirits presence & then when I recieved it I never wanted it to leave. I imagine Enos felt something like this!

Saturday: we had a call with Valarie and went over the gospel of Jesus Christ. She had forgotten the covenants she made at baptism so we went over those with her. One way I like to remember my baptismal covenants is by CTR. C- keep the Commandments. T- Take upon the name of Jesus Christ. R- always Remember him. As we remember these covenants and keep them we can have the Holy Spirit always with us. Ohhh what a blessing that is!! Ive been learning more about the life I want/need to be living in order to have the Spirit with me more abundantly.The spirit wont dwell where Hes not comfortable. We need to live in harmony with gospel teachings & have our life centered on Jesus Christ! Ohhh how i love the Godhead & what a blessing to know each of their roles!

Sunday: we were able to go to our Branch Presidents house for the sacrament!! It was so nice to get out of our apartment & actually SEE people!! Wow i just wanted to hug them & talk because i miss people hahaha but dont worry i kept my social distanct!! It really is special to be able to have the church in our homes! We sang, had talks, bore testimony & did come follow me. It was a great experience & Im so grateful to still be able to partake of the sacrament even without being in a church building! These are definitely moments that need to be cherished. We also participated in the world-wide fast that president Nelson encouraged & I am so grateful for fasting. There is so much power that comes when we let our spirits become stronger than our bodies!! And how cool is it that we all got to be united in this together!? After we made more videos & did more stuff on Facebook & uplifted lots of people! YAY!

Quarantine has been a unique experience! Re learning how to do missonary work completely online was not something I thought I would be doing here in Georgia!! I'm learning a lot of new ways to be a missionary & learning more than ever that we can do hard things!! I am soooo thankful to everyone who has shown me soooo much love over my whole mission & especially this week!! I love all the packages & letters I recieved this week! It lifted my spirit so much & brough extra joy into my life!! Love yall & keep being healthy & safe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment