Monday, June 15, 2020

I DONT SPEAK SPANISH

 Another week as corona missionaries!! :)))


Monday: we had sisters pday with all the sisters in the zone! There's 18 total of us so it was sooo fun!!! We played games & ate lunch all together!! It was fun to actually be able to interact with ALL the sisters in person!!

Tuesday: we had District Council & played a get to know you game where someone would make a gross drink out of mayo, oil, soy sauce, tuna, etc. Just random stuff mixed together & then another person would be asked questions & whatever they didnt want to answer they had to take a sip of the drink. It was hilarous! Hahaha lets just say people made some pretty gross drinks!

After we stopped by a referral & dropped off a Book of Mormon!! Sister Steven's & I got soooo excited to knock on a door! HA it felt like we were tracting for a second & ohhh i LOVE tracting & miss it sooo much! Its weird not talking to anyone & everyone & having so many limitations.

We were able to visit a member tho! I could count the members I know here in winder on 1 hand. HAHA but we should be able to visit more now because we can go into their homes so thats good!! Sister Griffin is a less active who loves the missionaries!! We shared a thought from Come Follow Me with her & now were going back every week! She even told us shell feed us lunch next time! Ha shes so cute!!

Wednesday: we met with another less active & did come follow me with her! Her name is Sister Mixon & everytime we go to her house she gives us candy & lemonade! Its sooo cute!! She always asks us what we have next to see if we can stay & chat with her all day (obviously we cant) but its soo cute!

Thursday: we had a zone activity where we played charades over the phone! It was hilarious HA!! 

Ok get this! We drove the Hermanas to a members home because they cant drive yet (their reassigned missionaries). They told us to just come inside with them because it would just be a few minutes they just needed to grab something. We said ok & went on in... they started talking with the members... time kept ticking...it had been 20 minutes, then 30 minutes & then an hour & I SPEAK NO SPANISH.... AT ALL. HA next thing I know we are walking to the kitchen to eat "biscuits & cake" HA I WAS SO LOST!!! Hahaha it was hilarious! At one point the members asked me a question & i just sat there staring at them sooo awkwardly (I DONT SPEAK SPANISH) & about a minute later the hermanas go ohhh ya you dont understand... & then translated for me HAHAHA it was a disaster! But the best disaster! I actually enjoyed myself a little & i think its because ive NEVER been in a situation like that lol! At least I made everyone laugh right?

Friday: we weekly planned & to think its the last week of the transfer blows my mind!! I feel like i just got to Winder!! The days are slow but the weeks are moving so fast!!

Saturday: we went to a members home for dinner for the first time while being in quarantine!! It was sooo good & honestly the best part of the week!! We even went fishing & fed the goats hahaha! Georgia is the best place full of the best people. Even of I cant get out & do the work how I would like im still grateful for the time I have to create relationships with the members.

Sunday: we had the sacrament with some members!! I love sundays & actually really enjoy home centered church! Its been really cool to see how every family has a different way of doing it! I am so grateful that we are able to partake of the sacrament without being in a church building & each day we have the opportunity to come closer to Jesus Christ.

Even though missionary work right now is completely different & sometimes I wonder if im even a missionary im still sooo thankful to be here!! I love missions & being apart of the Lords work!!

Xoxo, Sister Barton

No comments:

Post a Comment