Monday, June 29, 2020

Bye President & Sister Marsh :(

 This week was soooo good & flew by!! We had transfers & said goodbye to President & Sister Marsh! Im sad to see them go but so grateful for their service!!


Monday: we actually called President Marsh in the morning because we had a question & he told my companion she was getting transfered & where to & who with but... HE DIDN'T TELL ME ANYTHING!! Soo ya I waited all day to find out who my companion was going to be. I HATE that feeling hahahah ohhh the suspense of thinking you could be with anyone is a little terrifying.

Tuesday: we packed sister stevens, said bye to some members, & met up with some other missionaries to switch people around! I picked up Sister Swapp & shes literally the cutest & we get along sooo well! Transfer days are always way long but it was so good to be able to see a few other missionaries!!

Wednesday: we visited Sister Mixon & did come follow me with her. After she had us go pick up lunch & we all had lunch together!! It was so cute!! She loves the missionaries & i love that she loves us hahaha.

Thursday: we did a lot of planning!! We came up with our zone focus & decided we really wanted to focus on all the things we still CAN do during quarantine. A lot of times we hear missionaries (me😂) saying "well we CAN'T tract or we CAN'T find so i guess we CAN'T do anything." & we want to change that!! So this transfer were focusing on filling our time with productive things that help us to fulfull our missionary purpose! YAY!!

Friday: we had Missionary Leadership Council!! IT WAS SO FUN!! Theres nothing like seeing mission friends after a long time of social distancing! We did all wear masks for a majority of the time but it was some much needed socializing!!! Also all the polys in our mission put on a performance for President & Sister Marsh to say a goodbye! President Marsh LOVES polys because he served in New Zeland! But they did the haka & tbh I kinda got scared hahaha it was cool tho!!! I still dont believe President & Sister Marsh are actually leaving! They have impacted my life sooo much & i couldn't imagine my last 13 months as a missionary without them!

Saturday: we went & visited the sisters in the zone!! We have a few new missionaries that have been transferred in so it was fun getting to meet them!!

Sunday: we had ward council & found out church will start again August 2nd!! Still kinda far but im wayyy excited to actually meet the members in the winder ward!! We also had an "ice cream" social! We had all the missionaries bring their own personal ice cream (because of corona) & presented our zone focus!! Its been so much fun being able to get together with missionaries this week!

I am so blessed to be a missionary & for the many things I CAN do while being quarantined. I am excited for this next transfer to be able to represent my Savior. I know he knows me & there is no better way I could show my love for him other than doing what I CAN to move his work forward. I love Jesus Christ & His gospel & am thankful for this time to help others & myself come nearer to Him. A scripture I loved from this weeks come follow me was Alma 19:36
36 And thus the work of the Lord did commence among the Lamanites; thus the Lord did begin to pour out his Spirit upon them; and we see that his arm is extended to all people who will repent and believe on his name.
Jesus Christ has open arms to all of us. Its up to us to turn towards him. He has given us the gift of the atonement to be able to be forgiven & feel the love our father in heaven has for us. We are never to low to come back. I love yall & im so grateful for all the support i have felt while being a missionary!

Xoxo, Sister Barton 

No comments:

Post a Comment