Monday, May 25, 2020

Hello everyone! Just me again!

 Another week in quarantine!!



Tuesday: we had district council IN PERSON! WOO! it was so fun! I had never actually met any of the missionaries in my district before so that was CRAZY! It was so fun tho & i met lots of new friends so woo! After District Council we made treats for the sisters in our zone & spent the day visiting them!! It was so good to talk to others sisters & talk to more people that relate! A lot of the sisters are reassigned & they have some CRAZY stories about going home & everything so that was interesting! It was such a good day tho!

Wednesday: we had a lesson over the phone with a less active & that was fun! We got told we can only find new people to teach by posting & hoping people comment so we can reply & start talking to them. This has been a big challenge & not what i think is the most effective way but obedience brings blessings. Right? Hahaha were still working on the best & most effective ways to do missionary work online.

Thursday: we finished our cookie deliveries to the sisters & had a zone activity! We all got on a zoom call & played kahoot! It was kinda fun hahaha

Friday: we spent the majority of the day heart attacking members! We really are doing what we can to stay occupied. In the evening we had a lesson with a recent convert & remember i havent taught an actual lesson for over 2 months now. Sister Steven's & I literally felt like we were in training all over again. It was awful. I felt like a terrible missionary & really felt like I had no purpose out here. Sister Stevens whose been out for 15 months & me whose been out for 12 & we cant even teach the first lesson. Yes it was a mess. I wanted nothing more than to be home that night. I felt soooo useless & that i really was doing NOTHING out here.

Saturday: in my personal study I was reading in Preach My Gospel & I read a line that said "if you feel the spirit working through you, you will know the Lord is pleased with what you're doing." I immediately thought about that lesson & remembered how I did feel the spirit & even tho it was a disaster the Lord was still pleased with me. This line helped me feel sooo much more content about what happened & that I really did have a purpose for being a missionary during quarantine. I know it wasnt a coincidence I read that when I need it the most! GOD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS! Saturday was just a good day all around! We planned more with the elders & had another zone activity where we played pictionary over zoom! So fun! & we even had a bonfire at the church!! Ohhh so good!! Sometimes tho I feel like im not a missionary im just with 3 roommates where were are all losers & do nothing. HAHA but this is where God wants me so ill take it!

Sunday: we had a ward activity where all the members drove through the parking lot & we were standing outside with the bishopric & got to wave & say hi to everyone!! It was so cute!! The members here are great!! Also later that day a missionary who used to serve here came & knocked on our door!! It was sooo fun!! She went home a transfer after I came in & stopped by with her husband! We talked with them for about 45 minutes & wow it was sooooo good & soooo fun to see an unexpected familiar face!! Ws also had a zoom call where President Marsh went over Yellow Pad Prayer & thats always good! Yayay a great end to the week!

I am so grateful to be a missionary & for everything im learning during this time. Its definitely not easy & some days are much better than others. But i know heavenly father is aware of me & my feelings & i know he is aware of each of you!! When you ever feel lonely, PRAY! It works! Trust me! Prayer is one of the best ways to feel closer to God & find comfort! Yes i LOVE prayer! Love yall & have a great week!!
Xoxo, Sister Barton

No comments:

Post a Comment