Monday, May 18, 2020

1 YEAR!!

 NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY!!


This week was one of the greatest weeks of the mission!!

Monday: p day was eventful! We spent it with our district but the elders got a call to pick up a new missionary in the middle of pday so ya that was funny! We played lots of games tho & it was real fun!! Monday night we got transfer calls!!! Ahhhh so scary but so good!! President Marsh is putting Elders in Blairsville so we all left the area!! CRAZY!! Tbh i love Blairsville sooo much it breaks my entire heart to leave but i guess my new area needs me! Right?

Tuesday: we packed & cleaned all day to get our apartment ready for elders! Crazy! It didnt seem real that i was actually leaving Blairsville! In the evening we had institute over zoom call so we got to say bye to the Branch & ohhh that was so good!! I LOVE THEM!!

Wednesday: we packed all of our stuff in our rav 4 & off we were!! Yes 3 missionaries stuff in 1 car!! It was incredible!! Because of Corona we werent able to have a transfer meeting so we arranged how we were all going to get transfered ourselves! Ya crazy! We met a lot of missionaries at a church building & off we went. It was sooo fun to see people again!! It was one of the sisters birthday & we went to the first councilor in the misison presidents house & made dinner with some sisters!! It was the best day of quarantine yet!!

Thursday: First day in my new area!! Its called Winder & its so cute! There was a huge increase of missionaries in our mission & my companion & I are over 16 sisters! Yay! Im so excited tho! We live with two other sisters who were both serving in Brazil before & lets just say i couldnt be more grateful for this change & the sisters im serving with! We did lots of planning with the elders & i unpacked my 158397 pound suitcases & then we went to the store! So it was a pretty chill & good day!!

Friday: 1 YEAR MARK!! Yay! Im not sure where the time went but somehow it went without me! I feel as if i have been serving for maybe 5ish months??!?! Its absolutely crazy to think ive been here for 1 year! WHATTT! i couldnt be more grateful for this past year. I have been so blessed by the opportunity to serve & i wish i could be a missionary forever!!

Saturday: we did lots of facebook finding!! Facebook has been way more successful here than in Blairsville because people actually use it! I am really excited to be able to find people again! The work will always continue!

Sunday: we went to a members home for the sacrament! The members here our soooo sweet! We have 3 sets of missionaries serving in only 1 ward & they care for each companionship like family! Its so cute!

Im very grateful for change & the opportunity we have to keep progressing!! I am so excited to be serving in Winder & for all the relationships i will be able to make here! I love serving my Savior!!
Xoxo, Sister Barton 

No comments:

Post a Comment