Monday, February 17, 2020

9 MONTHS WOO

Another week!! This week went wayy faster than the last so thats a good sign!  

Tuesday: we met with alot of members!! We met with the cutest returning members that i absolutely adore!! We did come follow me with them and their testimonies are so simple but so strong. It reminded me that we dont need to know everything to still have such a strong testimony. We also met with a family in our branch. We did the water, pepper, and soap analogy and they loved it! If you dont know what it is you put pepper in water and then a drop or soap and it makes the pepper go away! We related it to repentance and how we can always be forgiven for our mistakes if we repent it was really fun!

Wednesday: we met a lady who used to be taught but got offended so stopped. She welcomed us in and we talked for a while and we are now going to start teaching her again! Yay!!
We also met with Teresa!! I love Teresa! Lets just say we have a trip planned to go to NYC after the mission so were good friends :) HA we talked alot with her and sister flowers and addressed some of their concerns and then we talked about how our worth and worthiness are two different things. We have so much worth being a child of God even if at the time we might not be worthy. It was a great reminder to me of our divine potential and that we really all are children of God!

Thursday: we had our last district council of the transfer! I lovee our district! Its sooo fun being around other missionaries! After we went and taught Bessy! She told us that she has prayed and knows this is the true church YAY!! now weve just got to go over baptism again because that doesnt seem to click.
We visited with another less active who is also a recent convert. We talked about the importance of taking the sacrament. Satan is sooo good at helping us come up with excuses for not coming to church and missing the opportunity of partaking of the sacrament.

Friday: WHAT A DAY!! so.... if you are training a new missionary you get a call the thursday night before transfers... being the sister barton I am i was convinced there was no way either of us would train a new missionary so we just went to bed and had a good night sleep. THEN.. in the morning we woke up with calls & texts from the sister AP's telling me im training again and need to be at the meeting at 9:30! I was shook. I was like WHATT Im just getting done training a new missionary and now i get another one??!! I was so overwhelmed but we jumped out of bed, put whatever clothes on we could find and off we were driving 3 hrs to the trainers meeting HAHAHA we got to the meeting & i felt a lot better! We still werent sure if i was leaving or if sister venema was so the suspense of that was killing us!! The meeting was pretty much all day so stay tuned for sunday to find out more about transfers!

Saturday: 9 MONTHS ON THE MISSION!! I made it half way! For all of you who talked to me before i left you know thats an accomplishment. I was very hesitant about this whole mission thing. But I LOVE IT!! I feel like i blinked and now its half way over. My mission has been one of the biggest blessings in my life. My comp thinks im crazy when i say this but it really is one of the most SELFISH things we can do. I know you would think selfless but to spend 18 months seeing the Lord work through you and increasing your knowledge and testimony about thee is something you cant get any other way. I am so Grateful my savior called me to do his work! I love being a missionary and wearing my cute little name tag everyday!

Sunday: we had a linger longer and it was so fun and yum!! The branch is literally like a big family and its so cute!! After church we met with Luke and he told us he is scared to come to church because it seems so different. Aweee if only he knew how amazing church is. Hopefully we can get him to understand its for everyone! We tracted a lot and didnt find anyone but for sure planted some seeds. In the evening we were soooo anxious for transfer calls we couldnt really do anything hahahah. The phone finally rang & we found out im staying here in Blairsville & getting a new missionary and Sister Venema is leaving. I feel much better about transfers but its still a lot. Pray i can help this new missionary learn the ropes of a mission!!

I have realized a lot of the time I feel inadequate to do the things the Lord calls. But have notice when i feel like this, its the most important time to rely on him and use his help. The adversary wants us to be overwhelmed, uneasy, scared, inadequate, etc. But the Lord wants us to succeed. This next transfer i am going to focus on relying on the Lord and what he expects from me in order to become the missionary and person he wants me to be. I am so excited for another transfer as a missionary! I want to invite yall to rely more on our savior to give you direction in your life because I know he can and he will :))
Love yall, stay you & be happy

Xoxo, Sister Barton

No comments:

Post a Comment