Monday, June 10, 2019

1st week in Georgia!

I made it to Georgia! A little part of me wanted to stay in the mtc my whole mission because it was so amazing there! Tuesday morning I woke up and thought hmmmm maybe I should "sleep in" and miss my flight hahahaha

Tuesday: to start the day sister Nolte and I show up to the train in THE SAME DRESS HAHAHAHA we were dying. Guess great minds think alike! so for all of you wondering from the mtc to the airport you take a bus, then the frontrunner, and then get on trax that takes you to the airport. Oh let me tell ya what a long day hahah when we got to the airport i saw autumn that works with my mom at school and ohhhh how that was a tender mercy!! Then we were off to Georgia! The flight went so fast (probably because I fell asleep twice) hahahaha we got off the airplane and WOW the Atlanta airport is huge!! We rode on a subway/train thing to the baggage claim where President Clayton, Sister Clayton and AP's were waiting for us! From there we went to the mission home in peach tree city where golf carts get their own road awe it's seriously the cutest ever!! I wanna live in peachtree someday!! We had a wonderful southern bbq dinner. It was soooo good. After that we had a testimony meeting at the mission home and then went to some sisters apartment in peachtree to stay the night.

Wednesday: woke up and went back to the mission home for training!! Lots of training and I don't even remember half the stuff we learned. After training we went to TRANSFERS!! Ok transfers are so weird hahahaha the mission president just stands up and announces the area and the companionship. As he calls the names that elder or sister just stands up and then waits for the other name to be called it's so intense. hahaha after transfers you just grab your stuff and go with your companion. My companion is Sister Trussell and she's from Mississippi! We just got in the car and there we were driving to Acworth. We didn't even know each other but now I'm gonna live with her for probably 12 weeks HAHA such a weird thought. We got to our apartment and went straight to bed but wow our apartment is so cute and nice!!

Thursday: first real day as a missionary!! Ok crazy story are you ready... so we had a referral... so we go to the house park IN FRONT of the house knocked and they weren't home so we were tracting around there.... about 5 minutes later we here a big big black angry voice yell " HEY WHOSE CAR IS PARKED IN FRONT OF MY MAIL BOX!! I CANT EVEN GET MY MAIL AHHH" (something along those lines) to say he was mad is an understatement. We walked back to his house and said "hey are you christine's husband we are so sorry we parked there" & he yelled "YES HOW DO YOU KNOW CHRISTINE" and we said "her aunt referred us" oh he wasnt happy "HER AUNT GAVE YOU OUR ADRESS WHY WOULD SHE EVER DO THAT I USED TO BE IN THE NYPD AND I MOVED HERE TO GET AWAY FROM PEOPLE LIKE THIS" he walked inside yelling at his wife and my companion and I just looked at each other like whoops hahahah it was crazy christine came out and she was very nice and we gave her a book of mormon and that was that. Just a funny story.

We also taught an 11 year old named Kyree. Kyree was recently baptized and we are teaching him about temples so that his desire to go will grow. He doesn't have a very good attention span so it was hard to teach him but I love teaching kids!!

Friday: MY BIRTHDAY wahoo THANK YOU FOR ALL THE EMAILS IT MEANS THE WORLD!!! My companion decorated our apartment in yellow streamers and yellow balloons because if you know me you know i love yellow!!! My family gave me the CUTEST package ever omg I cant even believe it! it was so cute!!! I'll send a picture! I also got to call them so that was a big blessing!

We taught a lesson friday! His name is Vladimir and he is from Russia! He is planning on getting baptized but he has troubles with smoking. He radiates the spirit like crazy and is so humble I was crying through the whole lesson because he is so amazing. I had many promptings come to me during this lesson and I ACTED ON THEM ahhh I was so proud so just a little go me moment hahahaha. This is his first week not smoking so pray he can do it so he can get baptized on the 22nd!!

We were tracting for the rest of the day! It's so funny here in acworth we will knock and so many times people will come look who it is and then walk away it's so mean HAHA we also got in a crazy rain storm but it was soooo fun wow!!

We went and had a b day dinner at a place called OCharlies and it was sooo good and someone paid for us so that was a nice blessing!

Saturday: won't go into this day cuz it was a mess. Hahaha the evening was good because we met three new people it was amazing!! One of them named Linda didnt even speak English and somehow we were able to set up a return appointment with her so that was a miracle!! My companion is the funniest driver like even funnier than me and she ran over the whole grass barrier curb thing because she thought it opened up HAHAHA it was hilarious to say the least. So just a funny thing

Sunday: we were at church for 5 HOURS yes crazy I know hahahaha. We talked in sacramnet so that was fun! We both fell asleep after church so that really was a mistake we went to our lesson and she wasn't home and I think that was Heavenly Father's way of telling us we shouldn't of taken a nap. We went to dinner at a members house and it was the best ever!! After dinner we decided to do some more tracting. We walked to the next door neighbors house and there were two young men in the garage so we stopped to talk to them we were able to teach them the restoration so that went awesome and one of their friends showed up and we gave them all book of mormons!!! one of them we made a return appointment with so that was a straight miracle!!!

Monday: P-DAY!! I've never wanted p day so much!! We went to target the best place and shopping so two of my favorite things!!

A few fun:
• all of Georgia's fire hydrants are silver yes they are so cute!!!!
• I saw a real life fire fly oh my goodness so cool right?
• the weather in Georgia right now is so nice i love it
• so many of the houses look like Mary Poppins house! wow I have so many favorites

Georgia is so pretty and I am so excited to learn more about the gospel here and help the people of Georgia learn about jesus christ and come to love him as I do. The mission field is so hard but keep sending me motivational emails I love them and I love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment