Monday, August 17, 2020

Sarah got baptized :))

 I couldnt be more content with my life as a missionary. I am experiencing great things & creating lasting relationships. Ohhhh i feel so blessed to be given this opportunity.


Tuesday: we had a zone conference over zoom with Elder Martino & elder hollland (elder hollands son) who is from the seventy!! It was really special to hear insight from them about missionary work. It inspired me to work harder & be a diligent & dedicated missionary.

We taught Sheila again & ohhhh my goodness. She is the sweetest & radiates the light of Christ. We asked her what her thoughts were about her baptism & she said she felt something different after she was baptized & how the baptism went even better than she had hoped for!! We read in the Book of Mormon with her in 3 Nephi 11 where Jesus Christ comes to the Americas. Its very interesting to see what Jesus first tells the Nephites. He first explains the atonement & how its for each of them. To me this shows how much he loves us & wants us to use him in our everyday lives. Then he goes on & talks about baptism & the importance. This shows me that first we need to accept Him & get to know Him & second we need to be baptized & make those promises with Him so we can return to God. This really shows the importance & urgency because this was the very first thing he wanted to Nephites to know.

Wednesday: we had a zoom call Missionary Leadership Council with Elder Martino & Elder Holland!! It was truly an incredible experience & being able to council together about ideas for the mission brought the spirit so strong.

We got to do come follow me over the phone with sister Mixon!!! I love how much she loves having our lessons!! She is always trying to notice something new in the scriptures with the intent of learning & applying it to herself!! Ohhh i love that women!!

Thursday: we woke up & went & did yard work!! We pulled weeds & did all the funstuff! I think I wanna be a gardener! Everyone here in Georgia has beautiful yards & its amazing!! After we had District Council!! Its crazy because most missionaries changed this transfer so its good to spend time & get to know them!!

We also did more service for the penningtons who are the family we painted for. They've sold their home & now are slowly starting to pack so we started packing up sister penningtons book collection & wow i never knew someone could own so many books!! Book cases & book cases full!

Friday: we did lots of planning & basically just prepared for all the busy things going on. It was a good day but mind draining haha

Saturday: Sarah got baptized!!!! Ohhhh it was sooo special!! It was her birthday too so we were celebrating lots of things!! I was able to give a talk on the Holy Ghost & I am so grateful for the guidance I have been given through the Holy Ghost & that I was able to share that with Sarah!

After the baptism we did a car wash with our district & it was sooo fun!! Only a few cars came but they were all none members so that was good!! I love how creative/fun we can have now as were all learning together what the best way to do missionary work is during Corona! Its very cool how things happen so we can learn new things & better ways.

Sunday: we went to the spanish group with the hermanas & ask ne why hahahaha. I knew absolutely nothing that was going on. Ha i sat there for 2 hrs so confused & then get this... at the end of the meeting they asked me to say the prayer HA little did they know i had been faking paying attention for the last 2 hrs 😂 hahaha

we had church with our English ward & i would say that went alot better. I am very grateful we are now able to meet & have church together!!

Im so grateful to be here in Georgia & to be able to preach the gospel during this pandemic. I have learned soo much & have loved experiencing seeing others come to Christ.

I love yall & stay happy!!
Xoxo, Sister Barton

No comments:

Post a Comment