Monday, July 27, 2020

The work continues!!!

 Another week in the Winder world 😊


Monday: monday night after Pday we were able to teach Tricia!! We taught her the Plan of Salvation & she was one step ahead the entire time. Ohhh it was incredible. We asked if she had any questions & she said no because it makes so much sense. I LOVE HAVING FRIENDS TO TEACH THAT HAVE BEEN PREPARED!! God is soooo aware of us at this time & His work will continue.

Tuesday: we did exchanges with the Commerce sisters!! Their in a Trio & it kinda made me miss my trio days! Trios are literally soooo much fun!! We went to their apartment & did some brainstorming on ways we can stay busy & be active with our limitations & restrictions. It was really good & i love learning from other sisters.

We also were able to teach Sheila!!! There was a big storm in Winder & the power went out & our connection with the missionary that speaks french was sooo bad but we made it work. At the end of the lesson she thanked us soooo much for making it possible for her to understand & learn more about the gospel. She is sooo sweet & so prepared.

Wednesday: we did a lesson over the phone with Sister Mixon because we cant visit her anymore because of Corona but we talked a lot about repentance & how we can always be forgiven for our mistakes because of Jeaus Christ. I love my Savior & I am so grateful that he is more than willing to take upon my burdens so I can return to my Heavenly Father! There is so much power in the atonement!

We got told we cant do anymore exchanges because Corona is spreading throughout the mission so we did a zoom call with some of the other sisters in the mission & did an exchange that way!! Its definitely not as fun but gets the job done I guess.

We had our first lesson with Sarah!! Sarah is from a less activie family & was a referral from their ministering brother. We had our lesson at the church & their whole family came!! 5 kids & their parents!! Ohhh it made me so happy that they were all there to support Sarah & learn more for themselves!! We taught them the restoration & it went sooo well. Sarah is the quietest sweetest little girl & i am so grateful for the opportunity to teach her!

Thursday: we had District Council which is always a good part of the week! We also did service for a member thats moving!! We were able to help them paint their house & it was soooo fun!! Painting is like therapeutic or something because the time flew & i was just living in the moment!

Friday: we went to a Zone Conference for another zone because Sister Swapp was giving a training on Technology. I really enjoyed it!! I got to go just for the fun & to be able to see other missionaries so it was basically a win win for me! After we went to a members home & helped them unpack boxes & reorganize stuff that never got put away when they moved in 2 years ago!! It was very satisfying & i kept thinking about how much courty would've loveeed it!!

Saturday: we went back & painted more for the family in our ward. We also did another exchange over zoom & did a lot of planning.

Sunday: we went to the Wilsons & had the sacrament with them & did Come Follow Me for this week!! We talked about Alma the Younger & his repentance process & did the object lesson where you have a bowl of water & you put pepper in it to represent the sins & then a drop of dish soap & all the sins go away! We talked about how we can repent at anytime & be forgiven for any mistakes we have made. We told sarah she can be completely forgiven through baptism & invited her to be baptized!! It was really special because Sister Swapp & I prayed before we went about what day we feel like she would be ready for baptism & we picked August 15th. We asked her about that day & it just ended up being her birthday & one of the few days her dad has off work. The family was so happy & the spirit was soooo strong. It was a really special & unique experience.

I am so grateful for my mission & for all the experiences that have testified to me of my Savior Jesus Christ. He knows each of us & is aware of our needs, desires, & struggles. If I could give anything to Georgia this is where I have truly come to know my Savior.

I miss yall & love yall even more!! Keep being happy!

Xoxo, Sister Barton

No comments:

Post a Comment